|Involvement in the CLLA has helped our members gain new clients; refer work to other members; grow their business and build strong personal relationships.
But don't take our word for it.
"I've built my practice on my continuous membership and participation in the Commercial Law League of America. I have had the good fortune of making lifelong friendships, broadening my knowledge through the many education programs and participating in membership on numerous committees. I can honestly say that membership in the League is and has been to me of inestimable value."
- Les Taroff
Roe Taroff Taitz & Portman, LLP
"When I joined the Commercial Law League of America, I had no clients, my $8 per hour secretary made more salary than I did and in winter, my Detroit office was so cold that ice formed on the inside of the window. Now, almost 30 years later, due to the Commercial Law League and hard work, I employ 50 people in my collection practice with my two law partners. Thank you, Commercial Law League of America!"
- Richard G. Roosen
Roosen, Varchetti & Olivier
Clinton Township, Mich.
"Early on, I realized how important the lawyer activity was to my agency's success. I made a conscious decision to attend CLLA meetings and get to know the people who were so tied to my prosperity and security. I still have strong, personal bonds with [the people I met many years ago]. I count on them to collect my money, hand hold my clients at trial and, in rare cases, protect my fee."
- Bob Ingold, President
Commercial Collection Corp. of N.Y.
Network and make new business contacts, keep your CLE requirements up to date with high-quality, easy to access educational programs and find out about pending legislation that could affect your daily work before it goes into effect by joining the CLLA.
Who Are We?
Established in 1895, the CLLA is the leading professional organization of collections, creditors' rights and bankruptcy professionals.
Comprised of attorneys engaged in the fields of commercial law, creditor's rights, bankruptcy and insolvency - and credit professionals, including collection agencies and law list publishers - the CLLA provides a full range of legal, education and professional services.
Why Should You Join?
All CLLA members...
- Are listed in our "Find a Professional" searchable database - which is the most-visited section of our Web site, clla.org - helping you market yourself and your firm 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Save on shipping, payroll services, retirement saving plans, and marketing and promotional materials with exclusive CLLA programs and discounts from companies like ADP and UPS - available only to members!
- Have the chance to earn required CLE credits by attending engaging, topical educational sessions at meetings across the U.S. throughout the year or through the CLLA's new online education portal - offering a convenient, customized way to learn
- Receive a print copy of our bimonthly magazine, "Commercial Law World," offering industry news, best business practice tips and in-depth articles on the latest groundbreaking cases and legislation - along with access to the digital version of the magazine
- Are able to easily get informed about the latest commercial law, bankruptcy and insolvency news via our members-only CLLA Connections e-newsletter, published twice a month, and through exclusive access to the CQ StateTrack legislative tracking service, from the publishers of Congressional Quarterly
- Help gain a voice in Washington through the CLLA's constant, targeted lobbying efforts to defend commercial law, bankruptcy and credit professionals' interests
- Have the opportunity to be certified by the American Board of Certification, which CLLA jointly administers, in business and consumer bankruptcy and creditors' rights law
- Receive discounts on targeted marketing opportunities through industry-related print and online advertising, exhibition spaces and sponsorship
- Reduced rate on INSOL membership - INSOL International is an international association of insolvency, bankruptcy, restructuring and turnaround professionals with over 40 member associations around the world, with CLLA being one of INSOL's member associations in USA. INSOL provides an excellent opportunity for its members to network in different regions, to exchange knowledge and enjoy outstanding educational programs at its annual conferences, seminars and quadrennial congress, and additionally online. A complete list of INSOL member benefits can be found online. All members of CLLA can simply add INSOL membership to their existing membership at a reduced rate of $150.00 and benefit from being part of INSOL's international network of over 10,000 professionals world-wide. Click here for membership highlights.
Kick-start the next phase of your career by becoming a member of the CLLA -- one of the oldest, most-respected and effective collections, creditors' rights and bankruptcy organizations.
Click here to join the CLLA today!