The CLLA President’s Cup
The President’s Cup was first presented to the CLLA in 1964 by the American Lawyers Quarterly and is awarded at our Annual Meeting.
The standards for selection of the President’s Cup recipient includes a CLLA member who has:
- Rendered outstanding service for the benefit of the CLLA;
- By his or her example of excellence as well as professional and personal conduct elevated the image and stature of the CLLA among his or her professional colleagues and the public; and
- Made a substantial contribution to the improvement of the standards and practice of commercial law and the CLLA.
The CLLA Robert E. Caine Leadership Award
The Robert E. Caine Leadership Award is presented to recognize a League member who exhibits the outstanding leadership characteristics reminiscent of Bob Caine of Van Nuys, California, who passed away in 2006. It is presented to individuals who have:
- Demonstrated and encouraged leadership among others within the CLLA;
- Mentored others both within the CLLA and within their business segment;
- Fostered goodwill, fraternity and confidence within the CLLA; and
- Served their community and business segment in meaningful ways through personal efforts and dedication and/or charitable contribution.
The CLLA Lawrence P. King Award
Each year, the Executive Council of the Commercial Law League’s Bankruptcy Section presents the Lawrence P. King Award to recognize a lawyer, judge, teacher or legislator who exemplifies the best in scholarship, advocacy, judicial administration or legislative activities in the field of bankruptcy. The award is designed to recognize the lifetime achievements of Professor King, which include contributing to the practice of bankruptcy law through teaching, by working to elevate the profession and through bankruptcy-related legislative activities.
PREVIOUS RECIPIENTS OF THE KING AWARD
Senator Elizabeth Warren
The Honorable Joe Lee
Professor David Epstein
The Honorable A. Thomas Small
The Honorable Alexander Paskay
The Honorable Robert Ginsberg
The Honorable Eugene Wedoff
The Honorable Burton R. Lifland
The Honorable Judith K. Fitzgerald
Justice John Paul Stevens
Honorable A. Jay Cristol
The Honorable Steven Rhodes
The Honorable Dennis Montali
Professor Nancy B. Rapoport
Professor Jay L. Westbrook
G. Eric Brunstad, Jr.
Honorable Laura Taylor Swain