The CLLA President’s Cup
The President’s Cup was first presented to the CLLA in 1964 by the American Lawyers Quarterly and is awarded at our Annual Meeting.
The standards for selection of the President’s Cup recipient includes a CLLA member who has:
- Rendered outstanding service for the benefit of the CLLA;
- By his or her example of excellence as well as professional and personal conduct elevated the image and stature of the CLLA among his or her professional colleagues and the public; and
- Made a substantial contribution to the improvement of the standards and practice of commercial law and the CLLA.
The CLLA Robert E. Caine Leadership Award
The Robert E. Caine Leadership Award is presented to recognize a League member who exhibits the outstanding leadership characteristics reminiscent of Bob Caine of Van Nuys, California, who passed away in 2006. It is presented to individuals who have:
- Demonstrated and encouraged leadership among others within the CLLA;
- Mentored others both within the CLLA and within their business segment;
- Fostered goodwill, fraternity and confidence within the CLLA; and
- Served their community and business segment in meaningful ways through personal efforts and dedication and/or charitable contribution.
The CLLA Lawrence P. King Award
The Lawrence P. King Award is presented to recognize a lawyer, judge, teacher, or legislator who exemplifies the best in scholarship, advocacy, judicial administration, or legislative activities in the field of bankruptcy as epitomized by Professor King. The award is presented annually at the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges (NCBJ).