To locate a CLLA Professional, please search below. To search for a member outside of the United States, choose a country listing. If you need further information, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. A CLLA associate will contact you regarding your request.
John Higgins leads the firm’s bankruptcy and restructuring practice. His practice focuses on corporate reorganization, restructuring, acquisitions, and litigation. He has extensive experience representing entities in their Chapter 11 cases and/or out of court restructurings, creditors’ committees, Chapter 11 and 7 Trustees, institutional and corporate creditors, and directors and officers. His practice also includes general civil litigation in both federal and state courts.
John is a Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy and Board Certified in Business Bankruptcy Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is also a Certified Mediator.
Honors & Recognitions
- Chambers USA, Leading Lawyer in Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Texas)
- Chambers USA, Bankruptcy Firm of the Year (Texas), 2019
- Turnaround of the Year – PetroQuest Energy Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Turnaround Atlas Awards – Global M&A Network, 2019
- The Legal 500, Recommended Lawyer in Corporate Restructuring/Bankruptcy
- Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy & Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency & Reorganization Law and Litigation – Bankruptcy, 2005-2020
- Best Lawyers in America, “Lawyer of the Year,” Bankruptcy Law, 2013, 2015 and 2018
- Who’s Who Legal: Texas, Listed as one of the state’s leading lawyers in Insolvency and Restructuring
- Texas Super Lawyers, Bankruptcy, 2003-2019
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditors’ Rights
- Acquisitions, Divestitures and Joint Ventures
- Energy Finance
- Marketing, Hedging and Derivatives
- Commercial Litigation
- Shareholder, Partnership and LLC Litigation
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1983
- B.S., Louisiana State University, 1980
- United States District Court Southern, Northern and Western Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- American Board of Bankruptcy Certification
- New York