To locate a CLLA Professional, please search below. To search for a member outside of the United States, choose a country listing. If you need further information, send your request to email@example.com. A CLLA associate will contact you regarding your request.
Steven Taitz, one of the founders of the firm, is Managing Partner. Although raised on Long Island, Steve left the area to attend Johns Hopkins University, followed by University of Miami School of Law.
Steve caught the trial bug early on in law school. He started his career as an Assistant State Attorney in Miami and had worked his way up to Felony Division Chief before being lured back to New York by family in 1989. Here, he concentrates his practice in state and federal litigation, commercial litigation, criminal court matters, commercial transactions and maritime law. While a trial lawyer at heart, Steve knows that the best way to serve his clients is to listen hard and give wise counsel as to when to litigate and when to compromise. Steve prefers working with his clients rather than just for them.
He also works hard to give back to the community. He is the President of the Rotary Club of Patchogue, a Director at Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center, a Director of the MacArthur Business Alliance, a member of the Board of Directors of the Bayport-Blue Point SEED Foundation, a former Trustee of the Bayport-Blue Point Library, a participant in the BrookhavenYouth Court, a volunteer for Camp Pa-Qua-Tuck special needs camp, and legal advisor to B’nai Israel Temple in Oakdale.
Professionally, Steve holds an AV rating from the Martindale-Hubbel Peer Review Ratings and has been designated a Super Lawyer in business litigation by the New York Law Journal. He is a member of the American Bar Association, a former Director of the Suffolk County Bar Association where he previously chaired the Criminal Court Committee and the Multi-Disciplinary Task Force, and was a member of the Federal Court Committee and the Judicial Screening Committee. He is a past Director of the Suffolk Academy of Law and a member to the Commercial Law League of America.
All of the foregoing responsibilities notwithstanding, Steve still manages to get out on his boat and enjoy some of the simple and special pleasures of life on Long Island.
- John Hopkins University (B.S., 1978)
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., 1982)
- Florida (1982)
- New York (1989)
- Second, Seventh and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals. United States District Courts for the Eastern, Southern, Western and Northern Districts of New York, the District of Connecticut and the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida.
- Litigation in State, Federal and Bankruptcy Courts
- Criminal Defense in State and Federal Courts.
Affiliations, Achievements and Honors:
- Director, Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center
- American Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association (Director, 1998-2001); Past Chair of Criminal Court Committee,
- Federal Court Committee; Chair Multi-Disciplinary Task Force; Judicial Screening Committee
- Former Director of Suffolk County Academy of Law; Commercial Law League of America, Federal Bar Council; American Trial Lawyers Association and National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Rotary Club of Patchogue
- Long Island Mid-Suffolk Business Association
- Brookhaven Youth Court
- Trustee for Bayport-Blue Point Library (1998-2001)