The Commercial Law League of America Selects New 2012-2013 Board Members
Staff, Staff | May 15, 2012
Chicago 5/15/2012 — The Commercial Law League of America is pleased to announce that it elected a new Board of Governors at its 82nd Annual CLLA Chicago/Spring Meeting.
The new 2012-2013 board members are:
- President: Ivan Jac Reich, Gray Robinson, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- President Elect: Jeff Schatzman, Schatzman & Schatzman, PA, Miami, Fla.
- Immediate Past President: James “Beau” Hays, Hays & Potter PC, Atlanta, Ga.
- Recording Secretary: Mark Sheriff, Wiles, Boyle, Burkholder & Bringardner, Co. LPA, Columbus, Ohio
- Treasurer: Murray Lubitz, Murray Lubitz Law Firm, White Plains, N.Y.
- Attorney Board Member: David Mendelson, Mendelson Law Firm, Memphis, Tenn.
- Attorney Board Member: Alisa Stein, Stein & Stein, Haverstraw, N.Y.
- Young Members’ Section Representative: Jeff Lippman, Weinstock, Friedman & Friedman, PA, Baltimore, Md.
- Creditors’ Rights Section Representative: Liviu Vogel, Salon Marrow Dyckman Newman & Broudy LLP, New York, N.Y.
- Bankruptcy Section Representative: Peter Califano, Cooper, White & Cooper, LLP, San Francisco, Calif.
- Commercial Collection Agency Representative: Bruce Godwin, Williams, Babbit & Weisman, Boca Raton, Fla.
- Agency Section Representative: Meg Scotty, Commercial Collection Agency Association, Brennan & Clark, Ltd., Villa Park, Ill.
The board also features several returning members whose term expires in 2013:
- Attorney Board Member: Richard White, Barber & Batz, Inc., Tulsa, Okla.
- Attorney Board Member: Frederic Weinberg, Gordon & Weinberg, Conshohocken, Penn.
- Law List Publisher Representative: Warren Pinchuck, Columbia Directory, Inc., Boca Raton, Fla.
The following board members’ terms will expire in 2014:
- Attorney Board Member: Barry Gammons, Law Offices of Barry J. Gammons, Nashville, Tenn.
- Attorney Board Member: Marc Bressler, Bressler -Duyk Law Firm, Edison, N.J.
The CLLA’s Chicago Meeting was held at the Westin Michigan Avenue, 909 N. Michigan Ave., in Chicago from May 3-6, 2012. The board members assumed office on May 5, 2012. For more information, contact Communications Director Erin Brereton at email@example.com or (773) 852-9684.
About the CLLA
Founded in 1895, the CLLA is the nation's oldest organization of attorneys, collection agencies, judges, accountants, trustees, turnaround managers and other credit and finance experts working in the commercial law, bankruptcy and insolvency field. For more information -- and an interactive network of attorneys, law list publishers and agencies working together to serve the credit community -- visit www.clla.org or call (312) 240-1400.