Make a Difference! Donate to the CLLA Funds
The CLLA Patron Fund
The Patron Fund was created in 1963 to augment the League’s resources with annual contributions, thus avoiding special fund drives. The money has been used for many purposes including the purchase of a traveling booth for the League, payment of a retainer and expenses of League Counsel, subsidizing the cost of speakers and panelists at League functions and paying for lobbying at both the state and federal levels.
The CLLA Fund for Public Education
The CLLA Fund for Public Education (FPE) was founded in 1980 as a 501(c)(3) educational corporation. It has a dual purpose:
- To act as a resource to the CLLA in developing educational programs presented at League meetings.
- To provide education to those interested in the credit, collections, or bankruptcy fields through programs offered to the business community, the bar generally, and if appropriate, to the public at large.
The FPE has been at the forefront in presenting programs in alternate formats and means of delivery. It was one of the early presenters of live video teleconferences via satellite.
The FPE continues to strive to provide excellence in education.
The CLLA Political Action Committee Fund
The CLLA Political Action Committee (PAC) Fund is important to our participation in the political process. The need for this participation becomes evident each time we consider the negative coverage elements that our industry receives through the media and on Capitol Hill.
Fortunately, several members of Congress have stood with the CLLA and listened to the concerns of our industry. The CLLA PAC sends a powerful message of unity on behalf of the commercial law community. There is strength in numbers and the PAC allows us to pool our resources and influence public policy. Political visibility and Congress’s support for our profession will continue to be crucial as consumer groups and other special interests express their desires to reform aspects of the law that could be detrimental to your individual practices.
- CLLA PAC uses the funds raised to support candidates for the United States Senate and House of Representatives who help promote CLLA’s legislative issues.
- The CLLA PAC can only receive individual contributions (personal checks) or checks from business entities that are taxed as partnerships (e.g., law firms set up as a traditional partnership, an LLP, an LLC). The PAC may not accept contributions from corporations, professional corporations, or limited liability partnerships. No check or credit card may be drawn from such business entities.
- Contributions to the CLLA PAC are not deductible for state or federal income tax purposes. Contributions to CLLA PAC are voluntary and you have the right to refuse to contribute without fear of reprisal.
Federal law requires us to make our best efforts to collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation and employer for individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year.
A suggested contribution to the PAC is $500.00; other amounts (either more or less) up to the federal limit of $5000.00 per person will be gratefully accepted. By participating in the PAC you will join thousands of concerned commercial law professionals in influencing the future of the industry.
Only CLLA members are allowed to contribute. If you are a member and would like to contribute click the button below. The contribution form is password protected. Please contact Dawn Federico at email@example.com for more information.
Only CLLA members are allowed to contribute. If you are a member and would like to contribute click the button below. The contribution form is password protected.
If you prefer to pay by check, make checks payable to CLLA PAC and mail it to:
Commercial Law League of America
3005 Tollview Drive
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008